Tuesday 20 April 2010

Chilli leaves

Today I'd like to post about something that I've been wondering about for a week or so... why do all of the leaves on my chilli plants appear to have one big leaf at the back and then a small leaf at the front? Presumably it must have something to do with catching as much sunlight as possible but I can't see why that would mean that the one at the front would be so much smaller... Is this a common trait in chilli plants or are my ones abnormal?

In other windowsill news the spinach leaves are growing longer and longer by the day. I'm wondering what is going to happen to them, whether they are just going to keep on elongating or if the plants will be getting extra leaves some time...

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, I can't answer your chili question, it's not something I've noticed before, and my plants are in the greenhouse and it's too dark to go look at them now. I've never grown spinach before so that's another one I can't answer, sorry. I'm going to have a go at spinach myself this year though, I love it, I don't know why I haven't grown it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, I'm afraid after my chilli disaster last year I'm unable to help about whether the leaves are normal. They look very healthy to me though. I have never grown spinach so I look forward to watching how it goes. I am still amazed how much you are managing to grow on the window sill, I think it's fab!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails