Sunday 28 March 2010

Need more pots!

So more repotting went on today with all except one of the tomatoes now in little pots along with all of the sunflowers and some of the oregano. This time rather than running out of compost we ran out of pots and so the chillis and the pepper will have to wait a little longer to get out of the seed tray. The kitchen table has now been pretty much engulfed in pots and once we've got them all potted up I don't think there's going to be anywhere to eat at all for a few weeks until they're big enough to be moved out onto the windowsill...

In the kitchen windowbox the two daffodils that have flowered are looking lovely and it seems that we have a bud on a very short and stumpy Jack Snipe narcissus - don't think it will be tall enough to be seen from the road at all!

6 comments:

  1. It's bad enough when everything is growing in seed trays, but the space needed once everything has been potted on increases tenfold. I've got some of my seedlings moved out of the house into the greenhouse now, but most of the windowsills are still in use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of pots. I'm trying to get things growing in a cheap snap-together greenhouse I got from a hardware store. So far the only takers are the peas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make paper folded pots! There's a tutorial video posted from YouTube on my blog. Just need a tray to put them in and no need to buy new plastic pots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain. I live in the Chicago area so I have to start my seedlings off on a very thin window ledge and then I put sandwich baggies over them to create a mini greenhouse which makes them even more attractive. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the comments guys! It's getting quite exciting seeing everything get larger. I'll have to check out the paper pots video although think that this time round for expedience I might have to go with the plastic pots...

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I run short, and need a temporary pot, I use plastic or styrofoam cups.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails